Yes, we look for people who have either parented or have supported other people to look after children. But you don’t need any professional trYes. As a foster carer, you will need to be able to regularly communicate with other professionals, such as a social worker, relating to the child’s welfare. You will also be required to complete regular reports on how the child’s development is progressing.