As a foster carer thinking of transferring, you will have specific reasons for this and will have (as suggested above) researched other agencies and what they can offer you. Once you have decided on an agency that you feel will be able to offer you what you are looking for, in order for this transfer process to commence you are required to formally give notice to your existing agency and the placing authorities of the children you are caring for, of your intention to transfer. If you do not have children in placement you are required to give notice of your intention to transfer just to your current fostering agency.